Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter!

It's finally here. Cold. And a bit of snow. It's sticking to the mulch in the garden and a bit in the grass. Not much else. There are some people anxiously awaiting enough snow to use some sleds I bought a few weeks ago. . . . but this snow won't do.

I had a brief, but unpleasant, experience with "bridges freeze faster than the road" phenomenon. I started to fishtail -- but without having done anything to deserve it. You know how sometimes you have scary moments behind the wheel, but you know you could have been driving more cautiously than you were? This was not the case. Luckily, the car in the next lane over was a number of yards behind me, so he was able to slow down before he met the bridge.

Stay warm, family and friends!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It is cold here and they are predicting snow for tonight/tomorrow. Winter weather is upon us!

Kathy said...

P.S. Watch out for those bridges!!

Colleen said...

Things are better, now that everything has been salted or sprayed with deicer!