As I started hacking away at the branches that should have been removed weeks earlier, I noticed a bird's nest, hidden amidst the leaves. It was about the size of a cereal bowl and it was woven with long grasses into a beautiful swirly pattern. I stopped trimming the bush!
A few days later, I wanted to show the nest to the kids, as well as take some photos to share, when a cardinal came flying furiously out of the bush. We backed away and left it alone. Every so often, whenever we approached the bush, mama bird would flutter angrily away from the nest.
This morning, I went to have another look. This time I was not greeted by any birds. Nest empty.
| Very well hidden, indeed! |
| The beautiful swirly pattern can (sort of) be seen here. |

1 comment:
That is so cool! We had a cardinal nest in our rose vine next to the garage. Now that it is empy I am going to save the nest.
Post a Comment